What do you miss in Sheffield that used to be here but now is gone?

Originally posted by JohnG

Bus rides for 2p

The toy shop at banner cross

The cow in the window of the dairy on broadfield road

The hole in the road fish tank

The hole in the road fish tank I remember looking

into that for hours oh those where the days that bloody tram. :cry:

Hole In the Road,City Clipper,Sheaf Valley Baths,ABC Cinema,Sheaf Market,Bridge St Bus Terminus,Pond St Nora,Skin Heads thinking they were hard in Bus Station,Roads free of the tram,Redgates,Schofields,Old Brewery Tap,Steelys,Romeo & Juliets,Fountain on Fargate.

Half cab busses on the 95 route and bus conductors.

Originally posted by dobin74

Regarding redgates:

I remember going there as a child with my uncle every saturday afternoon, it was fantastic all those toys. do you remember the lego statues just inside the doorway, I think one was a knight and if i remember rightly a dinosaur.

I still own a Redgates Brocure in mint condition,the toys in there are pure quality,not like the crap on sale today.

Originally posted by tango2

Half cab busses on the 95 route and bus conductors. [/b]

The 95 bus going up Fargate......turning at Commonside, Tinker Lane...or going through to the terminus at Bole Hill Lane.

Getting on a backloader that was stuck in traffic :)

Originally posted by nick2

There used to be a bar, the entrance was on the High Street, that was below ground, under where Blacks hiking shop is now I think, I can't remeber what it was called but I remember falling down the stairs one night and getting a free pint.

What was that bar called ?

Was it the geisha bar?

Originally posted by unners

YTV's Christmas line on Leeds 448199 !!

:thumbsup: Do you know I've never forgotton that! Funnily enough the missus who's from Lincolnshire remembers that as well. I've often thought about ringing that number...

Cairo Jax student night

Isabellas which then became Uropa - is that still there?

The old buses as mentioned previously.

Notre Dame school's Cavendish Road site and Glossop Road baths.

What a top thread - so many happy memories for a Sheffielder in exile :)

what a great thread!!!!

Bendy buses, hole in the road, sheaf valey swimming baths (the crisps out of the food machine always tasted so good after a swim!), the fountain on fargate, shakin stevens at the city hall (hangs head in shame), josephines (doubly hangs head in shame!!), maces pet shop, i always wanted a puppy but was never allowed one,

happy days indeed

Archived