What do you miss in Sheffield that used to be here but now is gone?

I left my native city in 1968 when I was 37, and have lived in Canada and the US ever since. I have only been back 3 times, the last one in 1988, and then only overnight on a working trip to Scotland. All of the things and places that people reminisce about existed when I lived there, and if I had not joined the forum would have still thought them there. Thanks everybody for bringing them back to me.

Originally posted by Strix

Yeah. I missed it a couple of times :hihi: (Victorian berluddy father :mad: )

What killed it? We were amazed it had finally bitten the dust when we returned to Sheffield.

Was it meningitis?

some idiotic soap dodger tried to climb up the poles supporting the tram cables and would have fried had they suceeded.

hello, quite a new user of the site, but reading this thread I realise what I miss, Muddycoffe I must have known in the past cos everything you say is what I knew, the limit was my my life on fri and sat nite but thursdays was grab a granny nite at poxy roxy's. ABC minors on a saturday OMG can anyone remember that bloke who managed it (bit fat and balding and realy scarey) "We are the boys and girls all known as the minors of the ABC!!!!!)

Originally posted by hillsborough

Wards bitter is back! The New Barrack Penistone road is one place I know it's on at. I sampled some the other night and it was a good pint. Not quite as I remember it but still very good.

Yeah wards is back and it's a fine pint. I regularly have one at the red lion at charles street in town.

It is a toned down drink from original wards however. Old wards used to stink and make you fart, but wards neuvo is slightly less hoppy, slightly smoother to drink, less smelly and is easier on the colon.

On the whole it is now better, more marketable, and easier to drink.

Archived