What do you miss in Sheffield that used to be here but now is gone?

good thread I miss all the things that have already been mentioned,but most of all the community spirit of the old terrace houses where if your mum and dad worked the neighboughs looked after you in the hols,and you never locked the back door,cos we had nothing worth stealing!Can I ask Fridayboy if bowers butchers was owned by Deniss Bower as he was a good friend of ours in the 70s,and we have lost touch,it would be nice to hear if he is well.anyone know his whereabouts?He had a shop in bannercross I think!

Originally posted by mumoftrips

I remember being able to get on a number 59 or number 2 on Newman Road and travelling the whole route of Sheffield for 2p. It was a really cheap and fascinating trip out as a teenager.

My Daughter didn't believe me when I told her about travelling around Sheffield for 2p. I remember going to Granville college and I got a bus pass because I lived 3 miles outside Sheffield. I thought it was great 18 year old travelling for 2p.

Agree Redgates

Buccaneer,

Heartbeat

Samantha's

Crazy Dazy,

Fiesta

2p fare round sheffield city centre,

Virgins

Wednesday being a good football team

Playing football on Crookesmoor rec, (not the Ponderosa)

Rick Shaw(that long ago forgot how to spell it)

Mates at school Andy Mulligan, Gary Mills, Trev Ford.

Fiesta

Cavendish

Bailey's

Mucky Duck band nights

Quinceharmon (whales)

John O'hara and the Playboys

Bitter Suite

Petrol mat 4/10p per Gallon

Twikker

Silver Blades

Archived