Quality restaurant please, open early and child-friendly.

Tricky

Think a bit more 'special occasion' only you're lumbered with a toddler who'll sit quietly and eat anything that's put in front of her...

Are you taking the p*** now? Youve asked for somewhere in SW sheffield that will cater for a small child, and you`ve had 15+ replies and not one is suitable. Its Sheffield for gods sake not New York. Take the nipper for a McDonalds or summat.

Venables ....very lol

Hey Tricky - Try MishMash on Eccy Rd, nice food, good service, very different on inside than looks when driving past. went other day and was impressed, and I eat out a lot. They do good home made burger and home made fries. Check their web site and giv em a call, thats what we did. I've been to all the previously suggested places and all pretty average. Cricketers at totley nicer than average.

Good luck pal

Cheers moneyworries. I'll get in touch with Mishmash, it looks really good. But they do say their daytime menu finishes at 4:30 and their evening menu starts at 6:30, so not holding out much hope.

Try Thyme Cafe too. Even though this is not near the Chesterfield Rd area.

It's always hard to judge what other people class as "quality food" cos opinions differ. I like Cafe Uno, because I went in once taking my nephew and they brought out a colouring set which kept him amused.

I think it's hard being a parent, and you want to enjoy your own food as well as your child enjoying themselves too, yet without getting glared by other diners.

I also liked Cafe Uno because I think they had a decent chef in there when I went. It was different to the other Cafe Unos in different cities. I don't know how it is now.

We took our kids to Loch Fyne last Saturday at 6pm; they were the only children in there but that was fine, it was about a third full and very relaxed. There is a kids menu at £6 for smaller portions of some dishes plus ice cream; my 5 year old enjoyed haddock goujons and chips, while the 8 year old moaned about only having a kids portion but got a huge bowl of moules and was more than happy. We enjoyed our food too, not cheap but good quality ingredients.

They serve food most of the day I think, including weekend breakfasts. On the basis of our first visit I think Loch Fyne will be a welcome addition to the restaurant scene in Sheffield

Piccolino's allow kids in at that time, just round the corner from Ha Ha bar http://www.piccolinorestaurants.co.uk/sheffield.html

The pizza's and garlic bread are out of this world if you're into that kind of thing (perfect for kids too of course).

Actually, having thought about it I can't think of anywhere that doesn't cater for kids except pubs, we've even taken ours in the restaurant in the Hilton and to Nonna's in the evening.

Archived