Does anyone remember the Complete Anglers

shanie

does anyone remember the Complete Anglers i used to go in there in the 80s great pub great 80s music those were the days when all you had to worry about was money for a night on the town then to roxys or cairos then greasy chilli n chips from the takeaway across from marples brill

does anyone remember the Complete Anglers i used to go in there in the 80s great pub great 80s music those were the days when all you had to worry about was money for a night on the town then to roxys or cairos then greasy chilli n chips from the takeaway across from marples brill

Those were the days :D i remember them well.

I used to sit in the doorway on a Friday night and watch the girls Id made a date with waiting under the co op clock.

I used to tell them that Id meet them under the clock at the top of Snig hill then just sit drinking a pint and watch them standing there like lemons.

jabber.. wonder if i was one .no never been stood up.long time ago x

Well I did it to quite a few girls, I was a little turd. I spent years regretting it too because quite a few of them were nice lasses.

I was caught once though, a couple of them who knew each other were standing there one night while I watched-- I had made dates with them on different nights and promised to meet them both on the same night without the other one knowing.

They both met up, asked why they were there, told each other it was to meet me, had a row while I watched and grinned.... made up and went for a drink... in the anglers..

I remember crapping myself as they crossed the road and headed straight towards me and I was trapped, there was no way out of that boozer without them seeing me so I was caught and got a right rollocking.

I didnt do it again after that.

Archived