Nice restaurant for birthday!

My BF is taking me out for my birthday next week and was wondering of anybody could reccomend somewhere.

We're not too fussy about what kind of food (not great sea food lovers tho!)

Looking to spend around £15 to £20 per head for 2 courses, excluding drinks.

We live in woodhouse, so this side of the city of city centre/ eccy road/ west street area would be prefered!

Thanks in advance for help!

Daemons at Crystal Peaks is nice, although ive not been there for a good 5 years now, heard its got a bit pricey.

dont damons give out free meals to the birthday person if its the day of the birthday when you eat- (need to take proof though )

Daemons at Crystal Peaks is nice, although ive not been there for a good 5 years now, heard its got a bit pricey.

Sorry to stomp on your recommendation but Damon's is possibly the worst restaurant I've ever been to in my entire life. The meals are like overcooked charcoal covered in a gallon of grease topped off with half a kilo of salt (presumably for flavour). Maybe I picked the wrong night but it also seemed to be full of tits falling over and fighting. Oh and you have to wait 2 hours for said charcoal to arrive on your table. It's just awful.

Edit: Should say it's a number of years since I've been. It may have changed. I've never been in a hurry to return for some reason :)

Archived