Need a large, cheap B&B/hotel...

fatbob

...preferably with a latish bar.

Have about 10-20 friends coming from all around the country for a day/night out. We should all be in sheffield on a Saturday from about noon, and we need something to do and somewhere to stay until Sunday morning.

Most are students so it needs to be cheap, less than £30. It would also be really handy if it had a bar so we could have a night cap before bed. Last time we met was in Notts, £25 a bed, bar open until 4am. Something like that would be ideal. Nice, but not essential, if it was on a decent bus or tram route from the station.

We're also trying to work out what to do that is cheap, and can cope with large numbers of people during the day. Pretty sure we'll be going to Owlerton Stadium to the dogs for the evening, but before (and possibly after that) we're not sure. So ideally it would be something to keep us amused from about noon until 5-6ish.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

My ideas all involve drink, dancing and debauchery....

s'pose could go to the peaks, The edge climbing place, bowling, ice skating... or go to the unions watch loads of sport and drink cheaply.

Pub crawl, pub crawl, pub crawl.

Thanks for the ideas Strix.

Unfortunately we went paintballing last time we met, and the scarring (mental and physical) have yet to fade...

I guess it's looking like centertainment or the lazer quest in town for the day activity and the yellow pages for the B&B

Reckon you could negotiate some kind of group deal out of the Harley Hotel which is situated at the top of West Street.

Ideal for a night out as the main bar strip is west street and surrounding area.

Last time I stayed there weekend rooms were £35 single and £45 double / twin.

Breakkie is added bonus, Free!

They also have a late bar. (12.30).

Funnily enough I work right next door to the Harley, but stopped going in since it's refit and the prices were bumped up.

I might wander in at lunchtime and see how much they'd charge for a mob.

Didn't know about the late bar either (should probably pay more attention)

It would be especially handy cos it's right next to the tram, cheers richy

Archived