Sylvesters Bar, Leopold Square, Now open.

Hola

Thursday night we have Rev. Chunky playing soul, blues, jazz.. He is a well recognised artist here and abroad.

Friday night its B-Yond, Vernon & Tony join forces once again to do their powerful tribute to some of the best in soul & motown.... Not to be missed..

Also on friday we will be introducing our very own DJ playing the best of soul/motown/northern soul/70's disco....

And Saturday The Ryan Taylor Trio- the very best party band going.. playing a cross section of songs.. These guys will enhance your saturday night..

hope you can make it to one of these nights, but you may have difficulty picking which one to come to...

OK thanks

I think we'll try Friday

Hola

Thursday night we have Rev. Chunky playing soul, blues, jazz.. He is a well recognised artist here and abroad.

Friday night its B-Yond, Vernon & Tony join forces once again to do their powerful tribute to some of the best in soul & motown.... Not to be missed..

Also on friday we will be introducing our very own DJ playing the best of soul/motown/northern soul/70's disco....

And Saturday The Ryan Taylor Trio- the very best party band going.. playing a cross section of songs.. These guys will enhance your saturday night..

hope you can make it to one of these nights, but you may have difficulty picking which one to come to...

Are you going to be in the Telegraph Listings section

Hi sorry we hav'nt used the telegraph as yet but we will be looking to use the star and telegraph once i've comfirmed the bands for for the next 2-4 weeks you can always contact the bar on 2709509 and they will tell you the listing...............

cheers

Congratulations Mr and Mrs Sylvester. I was in last night with a party, 6 of us, we had a fabulous time. Vernon was on top of his game. We met in your bar, ate at Agraah, and finished a very enjoyable evening back with you into the early hours. My friends have all contacted me to thank me this morning, so I got the credit, for your hard work.

• 3 weeks later...

I have to say that despite my best hopes sylvesters was a bit of a let down tonight.

Nothing wrong with the service or the drinks, but the whole piano bar/jazz bar/live music and the impression that it's not just another west street 'trendy' bar was totally wrong.

The music was coming from a DJ, it was very loud, and it was exactly what I would have got on west street.

Frankly I wish, that when people said where now, I'd have said 'All Bar One', which is most likely what I'll say tomorrow night.

Just to stress again, the music was far to loud to hold a conversation, which was not at all what I expected.

Hi

Well Saturday's trio went down very well, everybody there seemed to thoroughly enjoy themselves... and we've heard some great feedback!!

Thursday night (22nd May) Vernon will be there doing a Soul & Motown night with his duo B-yond.

Hope some of you forumers can make it down!

Bye for now

Rachel

Sylvesters has replaced The Forum for us as our regular work night out haunt - had our end of term do there on thursday (we were the "where's wally's? if anyone saw us...lol) and I have to say I rather fancy the singer (Ryan Taylor right?) in that trio - is he single??

Keep up the good work - us teachers are hard to please!

p.s we normally dress in a far more classy way I promise - and I love the bar!