Sylvesters Bar, Leopold Square, Now open.

My usual drinking group do like Henry's and Mr Kite's. In fact, I didn't know the existence of Mr Kite's until my friends told me about it. It is now "Ruby Lounge" I believe, which also had potential too, as it had a stage with a band etc, but in its early days, we never saw many of them at all. It used to be really quiet, which we kind of liked, until they hyped up the music around 8pm onwards on a Friday night, which then kind it's an overkill, and we move on. It'll be great if someone really took note of the loudness of music, and check that it's bearable yet atmospheric.

Mr Kites was on division street, it is now called the Green Room and it is opposite Devonshire Green....

Just to update went down again tonight was very busy and full of people who just wanted to enjoy a good night out.(no pi@@ed up idiots)

Infact it was busier than many of the chaeap and nasty bars!

Mr Kites was on division street, it is now called the Green Room and it is opposite Devonshire Green....

Oops. I got names mixed up. Ruby Lounge must've been called something else. I have been to Mr Kite's, and it is definitely one of those places which had a very unusual mix of songs that I liked, and frequent a lot.

Someone has good taste in music. ;)

It's nice for a city to offer different things once a while, and not the same old mainstream music. If I recall, The Green Room played quite a good mix, both from the 60, 70s with a new modern beat to it. I just remember sitting there with our bottled drinks being quietly impressed. :hihi:

I'm sorry I missed Dan's performance, but I've checked that he'll be back n another date, right? It'll be good to hear live music, so I'll try and drag my drinking crowd out for that.

By the way Bago ASK in this case isn't ask restaurants, but A.S.K. developments, a different animal altogether.

OIC. Interesting to know. I thought that it was Ask restaurants and that was why everyone thought that there will be another Ask Restaurant near that area.

I'm glad that it isn't the same restaurant monopolising the city that is for sure!

Mrs Sylvester are you out there?

Who's playing this weekend, I'm in town with some friends, I want to show them your bar.

Is your husband playing

Hola

Thursday night we have Rev. Chunky playing soul, blues, jazz.. He is a well recognised artist here and abroad.

Friday night its B-Yond, Vernon & Tony join forces once again to do their powerful tribute to some of the best in soul & motown.... Not to be missed..

Also on friday we will be introducing our very own DJ playing the best of soul/motown/northern soul/70's disco....

And Saturday The Ryan Taylor Trio- the very best party band going.. playing a cross section of songs.. These guys will enhance your saturday night..

hope you can make it to one of these nights, but you may have difficulty picking which one to come to...