Our potted histories.

This should be interesting. Lets do a little potted history of ourselves...

Me?

Born in England, as was my father

as was his father

as was his father

as was his father

as was his father

as was his father

I could go all the way back to the first of my lot to hit the coasts, probably some hairy viking who fought his way from the east coast to a plot of land that he turned into a farm, then spent the rest of his life- and no doubt the rest of several generations after him pouring his blood, sweat and tears into the land.

Along came the industrial age, my great great grandfather or whatever moved to the city and.... finally there was me.

Now.

That seems pretty boring, nothing too exciting there, and I bet that 99% of the English population can say something very similar..

Or can they...?

Lets have a potted history of YOU, and see where it leads...

although i believe im part english, welsh, scottish and irish i have no idea how far back????

only know my dad went as far back on one side to charles peace

See? already its getting interesting. Id love it if we could all be able to trace our families back accurately.

i think theres only us two intested in this thread honey

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm

Stop flirting with my Mr Wocky, you tart :rant:

And you were only interested in this thread because you spotted the word "pot" in the title, weren't you? :hihi:

I'll use my dads side of the family, it's the only side I know anything about, and it's probably more interesting than my mothers side.

Me: Born in Sheffield

Dad: Born in Belgium (Brusells)

Grandfather: Born in Sheffield

Grandmother: Born in Belgium (Brusells)

Great Grand Parents onwards: Decending from Unorthodox Russian jewish settlers, traveling across Europe.

Grandmother: captured by german soldiers in WWII, tortured with her friend by the gestapo for information/whereabouts on her parents (unorthodox jews). Freed by a german officer from the prison they were in, escaped being sent to Auswitchz. The families split and fled across Europe finally meeting up after the war back in Belgium. Met my Gradfather after the war in England, he served in the army.

My mums side is very much heavy on the local connections, most of which are in Sheffield and Conisborough. However, there is supposed to be some Danish connection on that side of the family, that is where I get my middle name from (Danns). So I have a Belgian first name, Danish middle name and a very English surname.

That's a small snippet of our family history, don't know much else until I research it some more.

:)

Archived