Beginners Contemporary Dance Class

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

These days you also have the option of online tuition. Not much in the way of good contemporary classes out there when compared to ballet and ballroom, but I downloaded Paul Liburd's class (this is intermediate really, but quite do-able) on danceonline.co.uk and I follow the workout from the comfort of my home once a week. It will never replace direct tuition but if you live far from any decent school then it may be your best option.

• 5 months later...

Hi there,

I just recently got back into dance. Hadn't stepped foot into a studio in 10 years. Went to Lord's School of Dance just outside the city centre next to Fire Station. The people were absolutely lovely, but the facility was small and the classes were less professional. If you're looking for some good people and a laugh and maybe some dance then I'd give it a go.

Then I tried Hype. It's great! I've been to the open adult classes for all levels. Been to Modern Jazz, and ballet. The teachers are professional, the facility is clean and big with wall to wall mirrors. The other students are welcoming and fun. It's the right combination of fun and competitive so you will definitely learn something. I think it's great being surrounded by students of all abilities so you can be inspired to improve.

Enjoy. Ever since I went to the classes I was walking around with a smile on my face for no apparent reason. That's just what dancing does for some of us I guess.

Shauna

Archived