Comedy night @ The Abbey Picture House S7?

Jess22

I haven't been myself, but I've got a friend who goes quite regularly to these nights, so she presumably enjoys them! I don't know the proper name for the night, she just calls it a comedy night I think.

If you do, let us know how you get on...I've been meaning to go for a while.

Well hello!! the night is called ABBCOM it runs the last thursday of the month (this week, 24th April). I compere it and yes it is a very good night and just £2!! Come down and say hello, we get quite busy so get there early. see http://www.abbcom.co.uk.

ABBCOM - COMEDY AT BAR ABBEY

"Showcasing some of the best up-and-coming comedy talent from across the UK"

UNDER ABBEYDALE PICTURE HOUSE, 387 ABBEYDALE ROAD, SHEFFIELD, S7 1FS.

THIS THURSDAY - 24th April 08.

STILL ONLY £2 ENTRY.

Ron Shepherd

Don Barr

Mick Mcgrath

Lee Chamberlain

Bill Sharples

Tom Walker

Burtie Bingham

And compere,

Gareth Urwin

DOORS 7.30 - SHOW STARTS 8.15.

I REALLY REALLY don't want to say this.... because it was already busy and I want a seat next time but.. this was a great comedy night, we really enjoyed it. Great value for money and cheap drinks. We liked the fact it was "SAFE" being in the audience too. I have been to comedy nights before where the laugh has been at the audiences expense, this wasn't like that at all.

So, I recommend it highly but don't all go because I want a seat! :)

Thanks Jess, glad you enjoyed it. To be honest the one on the 24th April was one of our not so good ones I think because we had two acts pull out late on (plus I wasn't feeling too great after having had some dodgey coronation chicken!!). Don Barr, Ron Shepherd Conspiracy Theorist and Abbcom co-organiser Simon Gunnell all very good though.

Make sure you come this month because the line up is a very good one (may 29th).

Archived