Systema anywhere in sheffield?

does anybody know of somehwere in sheffield that teaches this?

I've searched online and can find nothing

I need to get fit, but I really dont wanna do a sports martial art.

I'm aroud the Walkley area, 16, used to do shoot fighting, and BJJ, but I have ... fallen out with someone quite prominent in the MMA world and I'm scared of going back...so I want to find something new

so any info on systema, or failing that a vaguely friendly boxing gym/kick boxing/some sort of hybrid art.

thanks in advance

and hello!

Hi Carl_Malibu

I don’t mean any offence by this.

You say you don’t want to do a sport so I can understand you wanting to do systema, but boxing, kick boxing/some sort of hybrid art are a sport????? I think you might need to clarify a little more on what you want.

Originally posted by Davemantis

Hi Carl_Malibu

I don’t mean any offence by this.

You say you don’t want to do a sport so I can understand you wanting to do systema, but boxing, kick boxing/some sort of hybrid art are a sport????? I think you might need to clarify a little more on what you want.

indeed, boxing/kick boxing is sport fighting, but it is a lot more adaptable as a serious form of self defence as opposed to the more traditional martial arts, mostly due to the fact that its less of a rigid style.

Yes, I wasnt very clear, I want something that is going to build my fitness, and be useful in a fighting situation (living in my area and being my age you get into a fair amount of trouble) - I hope that clarifies things.

Originally posted by Anne23

A friend of mine does systema and is looking for someone to train with. He's away in Thailand for a while but mail me if you're interested and I'll pass your details on to him.

i'd love to email you, but it says i cant :P

carl.malibu@gmail.com

email me so I get your address, and we'll talk then (if thats ok)

Archived