What is the most important thing in your life?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

I ressurected this thread as earlier( being a bit bored on a Sunday am) I watched a programme called Wife Swap USA.

Of course the Americans are really good at extremes of anything so they chose 2 families who were completely poles apart when it came to lifestyles. One family lived in a hut in the countryside, had no electricity, bathed in the same bath water ( all 4 of them) and spent so much time together as a family making things. The girls had never been to a shopping mall as they say over there.

The other family were to be honest just unbelievable. The Mother spent all her time preening herself, living the so called American dream, having plastic surgery, going to the hairdressers, applying make up, having her nails done and she was bringing the children up to be the same. The husband was quite simply a push over who just coughed up the money whenever she demanded it.

It made me feel quite sick to watch this woman and what the programme did was make me think how money can turn someone in to such a horrible human being.

So I just thought it was appropriate to bring this up again.

I guess in these times of austerity looking at this woman would make us realise there are more important things in life than money and Thank God that we are not like her.

Archived