What is the most important thing in your life?

My kids are top, then my desire to achieve something as I am trying to set up my own business, and as I am 46, having a mis life crisis.then , my surroundings are really important to me.Crookes is Ok but would love to live at Ranmoor.If only....

Good on you - it's always great to hear of people who do voluntary work and are happy to give up some of their free time for the benefit of others without seeking extra reward.

Are you retired?

Retired at 32?! I should bloody well hope not mate.

I do voluntary work based on the fact that for over 16 years I've been trying to get paid work, and because the DDA (Disability Discrimination Act) of 1985 is not properly enforced IMO, I have been unsuccessful every time I try and make any kind of effort to accrue anything beyond unpaid volunteer work.

Retired at 32?! I should bloody well hope not mate.

I do voluntary work based on the fact that for over 16 years I've been trying to get paid work, and because the DDA (Disability Discrimination Act) of 1985 is not properly enforced IMO, I have been unsuccessful every time I try and make any kind of effort to accrue anything beyond unpaid volunteer work.

What sort of jobs have you applied for?

I agree wholeheartedly Rich.Have you talked to Bridge Employment at all?

Sadly not, to cut a long story short I trust Agencies, even disabled specific ones, even less than I could throw them to be honest.. Especially after some twit from Remploy last year took one look at my CV and told me it wasn't worth the paper it was printed on and practically accused me of lying about over 17 years of voluntary work right from when I worked at Krisalis Software in Rotherham from School in 1990.

Archived