What is the most important thing in your life?

life its self.

i'm 28 and nearly died due to stafauerous(sp?) endocarditis in the past couple of years.

anything from nice chilled out evenings watching a bit of tv, to a full on 5pm start 3am finish drinking session with mates.

Summer golf at bakewell GC overlooking chatsworth house.

A cold beer at the pub on a friday evening after a weeks work.

wednesday winning a game (thats a rare event in its self!)

traveling, having the balls to go off and do something because you want to.

etc. etc. etc. :hihi:

in a chilled mood tonight :-)

first personal post on the forum so say hello guys !

Hello there.

Sounds like apart from thebit about Wednesday winning, I agree wholeheartedly with you!

Shop floor work, data entry, administration, I even applied to an old folks' home in Stradbrooke just over 5 years ago, sent references and everything and they never had the decency to let me know either way whether I'd got the damn job! :rant:

You know, it took me 50 job applications, across 7 weeks, to get 4 interviews.

Out of those, i got 1 job offer, and 2 ongoing 'we haven't decided yet's.

None of the others bothered to let me know either way. This, for a lot of people, is the real world. You just have to deal with it. Part and parcel.

I'd wager that you probably haven't applied for half that amount, across your whole adult life...yet complain about every single time you have been 'wronged'.

Maybe you need a bit more gumption?

You know, it took me 50 job applications, across 7 weeks, to get 4 interviews.

Out of those, i got 1 job offer, and 2 ongoing 'we haven't decided yet's.

None of the others bothered to let me know either way. This, for a lot of people, is the real world. You just have to deal with it. Part and parcel.

I'd wager that you probably haven't applied for half that amount, across your whole adult life...yet complain about every single time you have been 'wronged'.

Maybe you need a bit more gumption?

I know that there is a lot of discrimination against people with Aspergers so please do not assume that it is easy to get a job.I am sure that given the right support,he would be able to work.

I know that there is a lot of discrimination against people with Aspergers so please do not assume that it is easy to get a job.I am sure that given the right support,he would be able to work.

you're right - it can be dead tough to get a job. Hence my 50 applications. And that's with quite a bit of experience. As it was, it was a stressful, hard slog - and got an offer on the thursday eve, 1 and a half days before being officially redundant.

I believe there are opportunities for anyone willing to put the graft in, disabled or not. 1 application every 6 months does not constitute 'graft'.

Back on topic, the important things in my life? (In no particular order)

music, mates, family, poppet, and getting more cash.

The lizards also feature heavily although, being from the lower fourth dimension, and hence a bit tricky to track down, only occasionally grace this list.

Archived