Halal Restaurants

KW2008

You know the Arabic logo on the menu that said Halal

Aimed at the dude complaining he wasn't informed it was Halal.

Yeees, but I choose not to eat halal meat but always ask if meat is halal. It's your responsibility to choose what you eat - so ask.

You really need to either read some books or become more informed... Halal is not cruel,,, it is performed under a strict code similar to Kosher meat in the Jewish faith.... This just highlights the current Islamophobia that is endemic at the moment... The terrorists are extremists and do not represent all Muslims in the world... For goodness sake get a flippin grip.....

Sumi, some people do consider the way halal meat is produced as inhumane. This isn't Islamophopbia - some people do (as I do) choose not to eat halal meat. That doesn't mean that I am Islamophobic etc, it just means I choose not to eat halal.

There is enough choice in this country for that to mean very little other than my personal preference.

Oh 'el.

You will turn into a mad suicide bomber after eating halal food. :D

Assuming you have not as yet taken a tube ride and blown yourself up I hope you read this reply and work out that halal is no problem to anyone except the terminally stupid and no greater problem to the animal than being killed in any other way.

Speaking of the terminally stupid, Sumi seems to think this is an Islamophobic comment. READ THE POSTS WOMAN!!

I find the ignorance on this site unbelievable.... and u wonder why we have so much racial tension in this country...

Well I've been wondering...and concluded it's because you don't understand irony.

"For goodness sake get a flippin grip....."

Also all the turkish places on London Road are Halal zuegma etc you will find most takeaway kebab shops are also halal.

Asda have a halal freezer section now too!

I am glade you have mentioned Zuegma Restaurant, it is my best choice and would recommend it to anyone looking for special Turkish cuisine.

They have recently opened their second branch just 50 yards from the original one. I have not been their yet, but I am sure it cannot be other than the same quality or better.

And by the way, you need to book in advance in the weekends as they are always fully booked. It is also popular among English.

I am glade you have mentioned Zuegma Restaurant, it is my best choice and would recommend it to anyone looking for special Turkish cuisine.

They have recently opened their second branch just 50 yards from the original one. I have not been their yet, but I am sure it cannot be other than the same quality or better.

And by the way, you need to book in advance in the weekends as they are always fully booked. It is also popular among English.

Zeugma good, Nano even better! I go there on a very regular basis, pre or post beers!

there are quite a few halal restaurants in the wicker and brungreave road area but i love the food at the restaurant at the start of ellesmere road right next to the car wash. its halal, food is great, very friendly and portions are massive for the price you pay. went there with once with 2 others only paid just under £15 and even had to bag stuff.

i recomend zeugma too but sometimes the servers can do with a better smile. goto the one with the old man siting behind the grill sometimes he is in the new branch. as for lebanese please stay away from the one on west street cuz the food was rather blant. not sure if it was a bad day or whether i was just unlucky.

Archived