New mum looking for baby group in hillsborough area!

Hi I have been doing an 'audit' of all the groups running in Hillsborough here are some that may intrest you:

Breast Feeding Drop-in at Hillsborough Library Mondays 10.30-12.30

Baby Buggy Bragade- Hillsborough Park Pavilion Mondays 1.30-3

Well Baby Clinic- First Point, Hillsborough Barracks Tuesdays 1.30-3.30

St Johns Bbay Group- The Memorial Hall, Forbes Road Tuesdays 10-11.30

St Barts Toddler Group (has a baby section)- St Barts Church (nxt to Primrose View Tram Stop) Wednesdays 1.30-3

Marlcliffe Toddler Group (has a baby section) Fridays 9-10.30

There are lots of groups in the area and im not sure at the moment which are suitable for babies, but am on the road to finding out!

Hope this helps!

Hi, I am also a new mum, my little boy is 8 weeks old, I have been going to Forbes Rd playgroup on a tues morning 10-12. it is really nice and friendly. There is also one on Morley St within the School on a mon/tues/fri I believe it starts at 8.45am I haven't been yet but going to try next week. Hope to see you next tues, Louise

Hi if you have more info on these groups could you please let me know, i am currently putting together an audit of groups within the area to give to midwives/ Health Visitors/ Children's Centres/ Parents/ etc So everyone knows whats on, where, and when. I haven't heard of this one and would like to add it to the list.

Thanks x

Hi,

Ask the HV if they run any new mothers groups. I am with Tramways/ Fairlawns & they run one on a rolling programme with a few other surgeries (Dykes Hall Road & Far Lane I think). Even thought I wasn't a First time mum I asked to go on & it was very useful. A good way to meet other mums & also very informative as covered different stuff, baby massage, first aid, weaning, sleep etc.

They recommended the Forbes group.

If you have a car try the Palgrave Childrens centre (Palgrave Road, Parson Cross - just off Halifax Road). They do drop in on a Thursday morning, you can see the HV, have a coffee & do baby massage in their sensory room.

Hi to all

Thanks 4 the info will be visiting forbes rd hopefully next week and maybe jelly tots in town. will let you know. Hopefully will see some of you. Sorry not been this week or replied sooner had a busy week. Thanks again you've all been great see ya soon xx

hi sorry abt yest was running late plus hv had written wrong times in little red book. i turned up @ 11.40 2 c that it finished 10 mins b4, coudlnt believe it. Will try agen nxt wk now i kno where 2 go and have got the right times.

Archived