NEC 18-20 Feb - wedding fair

Well.... Coincidentally..... after much debate, what the designer drew on her sketchpad was exactly what I'd drawn on mine the weekend before :Dexcept in her drawing I was a foot taller :(

The dress at the show will include her preference for the skirt. Mine is shorter to show the boots off and because I don't want to spend all day with people standing on it! Mine's leather, but the exhibition one is faux suede.

Originally posted by Strix

The dress at the show will include her preference for the skirt. Mine is shorter to show the boots off and because I don't want to spend all day with people standing on it! Mine's leather, but the exhibition one is faux suede.

It sounds gorgeous Strix! I'm quite interested in fashion design so I'm tempted to go over anyway just to have a nosey at the dresses... I'll have a look how expensive train travel from Sheffield to Birmingham is and if I can afford the travel costs, I'll go over and get you some pictures (plus ohh and ahh over hideously expensive wedding dresses, pretend I'm getting married to someone rich and famous and consequently dupe them into letting me try on everything there :P ).

Thanks Tracie! this is the designer's website What do you think?!!!!

OooOOOooh! I love the Pinkdog stuff - those corsets are great. The' Embroidered Gabriella' shoes have also replaced a pair of pink Jimmy Choos as my new desktop :P 'Moulin Rouge' wedding dress is gorgeous too, although probably not with my (red) hair :(

Had a look at train/ show ticket prices and its not bad at all - If I book in advance for the Saturday then I'll be able to buy a 'Saturday Day Out' ticket, a mere £14! :D, the show itself then costs about £12, so not bad at all.

Looks like I'm going to Birmingham on the 19th! :P Yay!

Are you a student? the NEC do discounts that they don't advertise.

I'm a postgraduate so I imagine I still qualify as a student (I have a Union card). Wow, I thought it was cheap anyway but with a discount it won't be bad at all! I'll get you some photos Strix :thumbsup: Does anyone else fancy a trip to the wedding fair to coo at dresses and pretend they have a boyfriend for the day? :rolleyes: hehe! :P I can't believe I'm going to a wedding event... I must be mad :D

Archived