Toscana - Division Street

kanga

Hi

I was just wondering if anyone had been to this restaurant and what they thought about it please. I'm trying to decide where to go for my birthday and happened to pass this place yesterday.

Alternatively, if anyone has any other ideas that would be great! There could potentially be about 20 of us and other places I've been considering are BBs or Strada. Thanks very much.

• 2 weeks later...

That'd be another option as I've not been there either, but I fancied the idea of Toscana with it being smaller. Having said that, I'm not sure just how small it is, so it might end up not being an option anyway!

• 2 weeks later...

We took my Mum last night and it was great we all had different meals from fish to lamb to chicken and they were all great. Pretty reasonable price wise too.

Only thing is the size of the place is small as anyone who's been before (in its previous incarnations) knows so book for large groups and we didn't think the deserts were as good as our starters and mains but as they were exceptional you can't really call that a complaint!

Thanks for that. I actually went last week to try it out and really enjoyed it, just hadn't had a chance to say so yet! Our food was lovely and really reasonably priced, we were too full for desserts so I can't comment on them but we had a really good evening :)

• 2 months later...

Went to Tocana last night. The food and service was excellent, so I said I'd put something on the Forum to the chap who runs it. Never been and it was very quiet (god knows why?) so didn't know what to expect. We both had pizzas - they were huge - fresh dough with lovely toppings, a huge side salad (more like a main course) and ordered a bottle of red - which turned out to be a litre bottle. Cost £30 - so very good value and came out with a full stomach ready to carry on drinking!

We'll definitely go again. I went to Strada and Zizzis in Leopold Square and both were rubbish. This is a much better town centre option than your typical chain places and at least it's owned by a Sheffielder. They've got a planning application in to have a fews tables and chairs on Devonshire Green, so good luck to them and I hope it gets granted.

• 3 weeks later...

went there last night as everytime i walk past it's closed or empty (felt sorry for them).

not good impression - the staff was unprofessional/nervous (i ordered a lemonade and was brought the bill), food was OK and not worth the price, the music was embarrassing (cheesy pop)....

i eat out a lot; went to silversmiths and wig and pen a few days before and they are so much more better in comparision. shame, as sheffield needs more good restaurants...

i think the management need to up their game if they are going to make the business work.

I'm amazed that you had sucha bad experience. Even the last time we went when the service was not as good because the head waiter had rang in sick but the food was still great.

Did you complain about the service?

I must admit I hope they do survive as it's the best italian I've been to in Sheffield.

Archived