Hed Kandi is back in Sheffield

discodown

Christ not another HK debate - Disco you know fine well people on here either love it or want it blasted into space forever so why ask? :mad: You're just looking for trouble young man! :hihi:

As an aside, I was astounded to see some Head Kandi hair straighteners on the shelf in Boots! WTF's going on there???? :gag:

You've not seen the Hed Kandi aeroplane then Chris?

http://uk.tilllate.com/EN/photoalbum.php?id=1734363#29734123

One way ticket, straight to hell!

Suppose with Hed Kandi you dont get the big name dj's getting paid fortunes for not really doing alot................gatecrasher...........cough,cough!!!!!

So what are you paying your money for?

I can understand someone going to venue they like, or to hear a DJ they like, and obviously a regular club night they enjoy - but what are people getting with a national "brand"?

Good luck to whover owns the HK brand - as you've obviously done a stertling job - but I am genuinely curious as to why people go along & what they think they are getting.

Everyone has there own tastes folks dont forget that.......and if thats funky house on the commercial side then nothing wrong with that, and dont forgot stereo sushi which is more my style of things.

Now embrace and places like are just wrong but cater for people who like that sort of thing, everyone is different

Everyone has there own tastes folks dont forget that.......and if thats funky house on the commercial side then nothing wrong with that, and dont forgot stereo sushi which is more my style of things.

Now embrace and places like are just wrong but cater for people who like that sort of thing, everyone is different

Of course mate, each to their own, nowt wrong with that, but it is an interesting point I'd not thought of - if you're not seeing 'name' DJ talent then what is your money going on? 'Similar' types of music (soulful funky stuff, although admittedly not as commercial as such) would be played by the likes of MAW, Sanchez, Rampling, Park etc etc but you never get anyone like that at HK. :huh:

I think you're missing my point - I'm not having a go at the music - as you said - everyone likes different things. I'm just trying to get my head around what you're getting when you go to "Hed Kandi". Its not a venue, its not its resident DJs or even its guest DJs, its not a long running local club night where the same people go regularly, if I recall (though could be wrong) - its not even run by the person who set it up anymore - so apart from their trademark graphics on the flyers - what is it?

Actually .. it's about blo o dy time Sheffield had a BIG night for party people ...

Hed Kandi means different things to different people I guess - I hope I'm right in saying that when Mark brought Hed Kandi to Bed a few years back now, he was hoping to not only to provide a night that provided mainstream tunes, but to introduce people by way of his offshoots, Stereo Sushi, Nu Cool and so on, to sometimes a more eclectic mix of tunes and to some of the all time great tunes from WAY BACK. He did that - and he gave Sheffield a blood y good night until his departure.

I hope that Hed Kandi still represents what he stood for ... and I know it remains, a night out that nto many will come away from without saying .. "F e ckin hell, what was that track so and so played?"

I think you're missing my point - I'm not having a go at the music - as you said - everyone likes different things. I'm just trying to get my head around what you're getting when you go to "Hed Kandi". Its not a venue, its not its resident DJs or even its guest DJs, its not a long running local club night where the same people go regularly, if I recall (though could be wrong) - its not even run by the person who set it up anymore - so apart from their trademark graphics on the flyers - what is it?

Interesting points... I've never thought of it like that before. A quick search on the internet doesn't reveal much other than Hed Kandi being a record label and house 'brand' (that awful word that should never, ever be used in music).

I don't go, and probably never will, but I'd be interested to know what the attraction is from anyone who does, purely to satisfy my own morbid curiosity.

Christ not another HK debate - Disco you know fine well people on here either love it or want it blasted into space forever so why ask? :mad: You're just looking for trouble young man! :hihi:

As an aside, I was astounded to see some Head Kandi hair straighteners on the shelf in Boots! WTF's going on there???? :gag:

I wasn't fishing, honest.

I'm just curious of HK can pick up where they left off. Has Sheffield moved on? Can the CA generate the atmosphere? Will it be hideously expensive? I'll go at least once just to see. I'm not one of those foul snobs who own loads of early hed kandi records but deny ever having liked them, HK were a phenomenon at first, now they're not so much, they are a brand just like Cream, just like Crasher

I think the reason people go to Head Kandi is purely down to knowing what they'll get. They know there will be house music - some of which they'll know some of which they wont - they know it'll be a decent DJ (even if it's not a 'name' DJ playing) and they know there will be a big crowd there.

Same reasons people shop in 'brand' clothes stores really. They know what they're getting.

Archived