Hed Kandi is back in Sheffield

discodown

I see your points and maybe all the CD releases overshadow what its all about which is in the club, the CD's are more commercially driven to sell.

On Chris BIO's point, i would much rather go to see MAW,Sanchez,the many dj's associated with defected etc etc....... but where are you going to get that in sheffield???

I see your points and maybe all the CD releases overshadow what its all about which is in the club, the CD's are more commercially driven to sell.

On Chris BIO's point, i would much rather go to see MAW,Sanchez,the many dj's associated with defected etc etc....... but where are you going to get that in sheffield???

Possibly Carling Academy? They are one of the very few venues that have the financial clout to bring huge name DJ's to sheffield.

If they do or not remains to be seen

• 8 months later...
Oh good, so now what are we left with in Sheffield if your not a fan of idiotic chav "Basshunter" trance or damn right cheese? This was once a great city for a night out, then Bed and Republic went....
Quite a lot really if you know where to look.

RedRoom, for me, leads the charge, they have Speed Queen and Back to Basics and it seems DeepDown is making somewhat of a return and they booked Graeme Park which may be a sign of things to come.

Plug still have Shuffle on a saturday night for those still liking electro but their saturday lineups seem to be a little bit more diverse these days and i've personally never had a bad night in plug so its usually worth a visit. Also on friday they other genres like Drum and Bass and Hardcore.

What might be the best night in sheffield - ElectroSexual is on at Carling Academy once a month, in fact next saturday they have Paul Woolford playing. Its not in the main room its in an upstairs room bit. A sort of club within a club. Also their backroom downstairs usually has something dance music orientated on a friday and saturday night.

DQ still has bug and charged going on as well Threads and a few other nights. There are also smaller nights scattered around which are also worth going to. Look out for Delve Deeper and Diasha to see whats going on. Finally there are now afterparties at Lions Lair, Sanctuary and Fez club (and for all I know DQ) going on as well.

That is just what I can think of off the top of my head. There are loads more nights out there at places like Cellar 35, the Harley and a few others. I've even heard rumours of illegal, secret clubs but not actually seen them.

Theres lots there but if you want a really big, nationally recognized clubbing "brand" or the really massive name DJ's like Morillo, Sanchez etc then you're going to be disappointed.

• 3 weeks later...
Plug on a saturday is Threads which is indie/rock. If you want electro you need to go on a Sunday for Charged, or the last Friday of the month for Supercharged. Both are fantastic and well worth the Monday morning hungover at work!
Do you mean DQ and not plug?!:)

Archived