Whitby Goth weekend...

We went to Whitby for the Goth Weekend in April 07 and we aren't goths. We didn't go to the main thing at night but had a look around the markets in the day and just visited the trimmed up pubs at night - it was fantastic! Great fun.......I got mistaken for the real thing in my red tutu! :)

Dracula as the book portrays him is the only thing these numbties believe, they don't realise its metaphorical subtext

Does anybody truly believe that Dracula (the vampire) really exists/ed? Some might have liked him to I suppose, but I've never actually met anybody who REALLY did believe the book. I'm sure half the time people who might say they believe it are just winding up the mainstreamers.

Does anybody truly believe that Dracula (the vampire) really exists/ed? Some might have liked him to I suppose, but I've never actually met anybody who REALLY did believe the book. I'm sure half the time people who might say they believe it are just winding up the mainstreamers.

im not a goth, never were, like some of the music (sisters, bauhaus etc from time to time) also known quite a few over the years.

its not that they believe the books real, its the whole romanticism of the vampire thing, the look, the sexual magnetism, the romance, the era and the whole dark aspect of it all.