Walkabout (After the Refurb)

D2J

Whilst having a Coca-Cola or two last night we stumbled into the Walkabout.. The Refurb is shocking! It just doesn't look right at all :shakes:

The place seems to have no atmosphere or spirit now. I know a lot of people don't like the place but I do (or did rather) :loopy: another waste!

Originally posted by Deejay

Whilst having a Coca-Cola or two last night we stumbled into the Walkabout.. The Refurb is shocking! It just doesn't look right at all :shakes:

The place seems to have no atmosphere or spirit now. I know a lot of people don't like the place but I do (or did rather) :loopy: another waste!

I like walkabout too... looks like i will have to pay a visit an view my opinions :)

The Walkabout is great for the big sporting occasions (Euro Championships 2000 & 2004 ,World Cup 2002 etc) but the management of the place need a lesson on how to plan for the big event.

Everytime there's been a big England game, instead of being sensible and allowing people access to the balcony section and bar, they've been content to cram everybody into the downstairs section , opening upstairs about 5 minutes before kickoff .The result is a stampede upstairs to reserve the upper level seats and tables and sooner or later , someone will get seriously hurt . What's more, when you've finally made it upstairs, there's always been one member of bar staff to serve hundreds of people!

What the place needs is an Ents. Manager who actually has a clue - plus a Live DJ to whip people up on these occasions . The atmosphere kicks arse when there's something big happening (with singing and chanting like a real game) but imagine how good it would be for pub and customer alike if it was done properly.

Archived