Sheffield Independent bars and pubs

Danb1

Which do you think is the best independently owned bar or restaurant in Sheffield.

It cannot be part of a chain - so no 'all bar ones' or 'nandos'

It can however be part of a large brewery or pub company as long as they have no management involvement.

We are looking to put a website together to help promote local independent venues.

Have a think, if your not sure, then post your nominations and I’ll look into it.

I really like the Wig & Pen in town. It's made a massive success of itself since it changed. I believe they have received awards for their food and are highly recommended.

The food is nice and it has a nice atmosphere, it can get quite busy as it's not very small but they do have an upstaires room too which is very relaxed.

I agree about the Wig and Pen. Has anybody been to that bar down by the canal? Very nice during the day when you can sit outside and watch the longboats. (Obviously not that great at this time of year)! Can't think what it's called...

Tequila on west street is probably one of the best independently owned bars and restaurants in sheffield .situated on west street and one of the most stylish venues .with there hard work and dedication it is one off the best places to go out either to drink or dine. it also won an award last year

Many of the real ale pubs in the Upper Don Valley fall into the independant bar category:

Riverside Cafe Bar (Mowbray Street)

Fat Cat (Alma Street)

Kelham Island Tavern (Russell Street)

Cask & Cutler (Henry Street)

Hillsborough Hotel (Langsett Road)

Gardeners Rest (Neepsend Lane)

And in the City Centre

Rutland Arms (Brown Street)

Bath Hotel (Victoria Street)

Boardwalk (Snig Hill)

Devonshire Cat (Wellington Street)

Muse (West Street)