Sheffield Independent bars and pubs

Danb1

I think that the Devonshire Cat and the Fat Cat can be included. They each make a valuable contribution to the city, the owner also has interests (or used to) in Champs.

Muse is part of Dogma Bars who are based in Nottingham. Again i would also include them as the group size is about 5.

Dave Wickett of Fat Cat and Champs fame sold his share in the Devonshire Cat, so it isn't part of a chain anymore. Not that I really counted Mr Wickett's empire as a chain as it only has a few pubs in it, and each one is unique.

I would have mentioned the Classic Rock Bar, but alas, it's days are numbered. Hopefully CRB MKII will get on the list when it comes to fruition though.

Originally posted by Andy C

[b

I would have mentioned the Classic Rock Bar, but alas, it's days are numbered. Hopefully CRB MKII will get on the list when it comes to fruition though. [/b]

That's not very nice, we haven't closed YET! There are still two weeks to go, we are still trading, bands are still playing and people are still visiting us. Fancy writing us off like that!! :mad:

Originally posted by Classic Rock

That's not very nice, we haven't closed YET! There are still two weeks to go, we are still trading, bands are still playing and people are still visiting us. Fancy writing us off like that!! :mad:

SORRY!

The thread started off as looking for information for a guide that is to be published, so by the time the guide comes out the pub will be shut.

But yes, the Classic Rock Bar is CURRENTLY an excellent independent pub - get yourselves down there before it's too late!

Archived