Grange Towerblock to be demolished!

gribz

Hi,

Just been past Grange towerblock on the tram and all the "WARNING - DEMOLITION" signs have been put up fencing around it, anyone know what it's due to be brought down and if it's going to be a nice exciting demolition with explosives or just a boring bit-by-bit job? :)

The blowdown of Grange Block is provisionally booked for 24th April 2005, noon.

July will be the completion date for clearing the site afterwards (just a little optimistic?)

Bear in mind that the dates often change...tho the original date was mid December, then the end January, now April. The site is becoming more and more unsafe and I doubt they'll postpone it by much longer.

Originally they were planning to bring the cranes in and nibble away at Grange like they did Claywood, but in my opinion that just wouldn't have been right. This is the last of the fifteen, and should go in some serious style!!

Providing I am not in labour (it's a bit close, lol!) I will be there front and centre to witness the end of an era. I haven't missed any of the other 14. Fingers crossed I make it!

Cosy

Archived