Grange Towerblock to be demolished!

gribz

I lived there for six months about 10 years ago. The flats were a decent size and the view over the city was amazing. However the lifts and stairwells always smelled of urine.

I once got stuck in one of the lifts for about 2 hours, that was fun :gag:.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope so......I haven't seen any notices at the tram stops though yet...they normally stop the trams running apprx 30 minutes before etc.......

We went there on Sunday to see if any signs up etc and check out which side best to stand....I can't wait.........BOOOM!!!!!

:P

Good views will be had from the railway bridge on Heeley Bank Road - adjacent to B&Q. To get closer, you will need to be on the grassed open space on Norfolk Park below the old Kenninghall site.

It's on Sunday 24 April at noon. Get there earlier. Expect crowds of thousands for this last blow-down of the Norfolk Park tower blocks. Boom Boom!

:rant: Considering that the last residents in the block were elderly and vulnerable, and on the whole lovely people, Eddie_Sheff...that comment sucks.

Also considering the number of people I know who live on the estate who are amazing, community-minded, and caring and have seen their new 'dream estate' slowly go downhill over the last 30 years while they have struggled to maintain it and any community spirit they could, it's in pretty poor taste.

Yep, there are some spectacularly grotty people living there, too, but that sort seem to get everywhere. I've certainly worked in far worse areas with far worse people.:rant:

I'll be at the blow down (again, baby arrival allowing). We;ve even managed to get VIP passes to the marquee. I'll try and remember the camera.

RIP Grange, the last of the 15...

Originally posted by Eddie_shef

Is there any chance some of the Norfolk Park residents will be blown up with their building...

I will pay money to see it happen

Always nice to see a newbie have something pleasant and constructive to say! Welcome, I'm sure you'll make friends!

Originally posted by Eddie_shef

Is there any chance some of the Norfolk Park residents will be blown up with their building...

I will pay money to see it happen

Don't worry about this remark Kristian, I detect that our newbie is still growing up, and this is a just a silly, offensive, juvenile remark.

Archived