Rolling Stones City Hall Bill?

sheffix

The Animals were a good band the Stones were are and always will be the greatest ROCK band .

In my opinion.

PS I dont count the Beatles as a ROCK band I rate them the greatest POP band ever and overall the greatest BAND/GROUP ever, including the Stones.

Rock band ever

I'd go along with that. I saw The Animals at Baileys/Cavendish Club on Bank Street.

No, I'm being misquoted effectively. I was agreeing that the Rolling Stones and The Animals were never on the same bill at the City Hall. Where you've positioned my quote tends to suggest I'm backing your view on the groups.

As a classical music lover, I'll keep out of that debate! ..... sch, it would be difficult not to share your view!

Can anyone help? As a kid I was taken to see The Stones at the City Hall (early sixties) and I swear that the bill included The Barron Knights and Petula Clark. Was this possible or a figment of my ageing imagination? Anyone else remember it?

My Dad took me to that concert. I am certain that neither the Barron Knights nor Petula Clark were on the bill.

On reflection, you are a bit right, The Barron Knights were on the bill, they closed the first half. They had a song out at the time called "why not call up the other groups" one of the verses involved a take off of the Stones singing I wanna be your man" with thier own words, the crowd went mad. However Iam as sure as I can be that Tetula Clark wasnt on that bill.

Incidentally I Googled Peter and Gordon and they are still working! I hope they have improved!

My Dad took me to that concert. I am certain that neither the Barron Knights nor Petula Clark were on the bill.

• 3 years later...

Rumour had it that when the Animals appeared at the City Hall, two of them only just made the stage on time. After supping ale in the Museum, they had to run down Leopold Street rather hastily to meet the 8 pm deadline.

Archived