Using a mobile phone while driving

Driving while using the mobile phone  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Driving while using the mobile phone

• I have driven while using a mobile but would stop doing so if it is made illegal
    • I have driven while using a mobile but would NOT stop doing so if it is made illegal
    • I never answer the mobile while driving
    • I think it should be banned
    • I think it should not be banned

Originally posted by costessey

i've had a few...won't admit to being a good driver...its a necessary evil unfortunately

I wonder if you will still have such an attitude after you kill a small child or disable someone for life?

What Costessy clearly hasn't worked out yet, and let's hope he/she does soon, is that cars are a lethal weapon. Until people get it through their heads that they are driving an extremely dangerous and heavy piece of machinery that deserves their respect and attention (and with some slow people it takes actually being involved in a nasty accident to get this) they will be a danger on the roads. Unfortunately not just to themselves but to everyone around them.

I couldn't be more annoyed with a remark such as Cost made...time to grow up, kiddo. Before you kill yourself or worse, someone else becomes a victim of your careless attitude to driving a large chunk of metal around.

Nothing is ever so important that it can't wait until you've pulled over or reached your destination. People who think otherwise are suffering either severe egotism or ingrained stupidity IMO.

I've had phone calls from people calling me on mobiles while they were driving a few times - I always hang up on them. When that crash happens, I don't want to be the one on the other end of the phone feeling at least partially responsible for a death or maiming.

Besides, 70% of people I notice driving like idiots are deeply involved in a conversation on a mobile. The rest of us end up driving to protect ourselves from them, and they rarely notice what they've done/haven't done. GGrrrrrrr

:evil:

I completely agree with you there cosywolf, a classic almost cause an accident is when they have half a bonnet sticking out of a give-way junction just as you are about to pass.

How the hell do they change gear, hold the steering wheel and have the phone in one hand next to the ear?

Something has to give.

• 8 years later...

Surprising the number of people who still do it despite the fact they know if they are seen by the police they will get 3 penalty points on their license and a £60 fine.

The law should be reviewed......anyone found to be using a mobile phone whilst driving should be instantly banned from driving for a 12 month period.

In order to be in full control of a motor vehicle, both hands need to be on the steering wheel......what people don't seem to realise is the fact they are in control of a moving piece of metal of 1 ton or more !

Drive on the M18 at anytime ... loads of HGV drivers using mobiles whilst driving ... car drivers, its mostly women doing 50mph in the inside lane! About time the police started pulling a few of them over.

Obviously there aren't the police resources as a silver Japanese 4 wheel drive, K4OUCH, overtakes me every morning at around 7.30 - 7.45, he has to be doing well over 100mph weaving in and out of the lanes and undertaking, driving like a complete moron with no regard for anyone that gets in its way!

Archived