Duncan Road - Crookes

• 1 year later...
That sounds about right,Skippy.... They lived at the top of Elgin St, the front doors (which were very rarely used) looked out onto Elgin St, but there was an entrance to the back through a gate on Nairn St opposite the church, then you went down the path past the lawns. There were the outhouses on the other side of the lawns. Mrs Shepherd lived in the end house. I do vaguely remember the names Richard and Harvey as well......

I was christened in St Thomas's!!!!!

Grandad was a gardener, the lawn was always edged with loads of roses... I was forever getting into trouble for not walking round the path to get onto the lawn but trying to jump or trample over the rose beds!!!!

I was friends with Harvey and Dick Shepherd. Their Mom was somewhat of a seanstress and took in a little work from the neighborhood. I think Harvey went to Australia

I was friends with Harvey and Dick Shepherd. Their Mom was somewhat of a seanstress and took in a little work from the neighborhood. I think Harvey went to Australia

Yes, she made quite a few little flowery dresses for me!!!

Archived