Sheffield Gangster CHARLIE ???

• 2 weeks later...
I was on holiday in wales many years ago. I had a hair cut whilst on holiday and the barber was from Sheffield. He told me he was related to charlie, And showed me a walking stick that he allegedly used to bludgeon some one to death

AFAIK, he killed two people, PC ****, and Arthur Dyson. Both men were shot.

I believe that he shot a second police officer, who survived. This officer was commended as he was severely wounded, and yet managed to keep his grip on Peace, and prevented his escape.

you are correct, Alastair.

Yes, I found that out in the 2 1/2 years since I posted the question. I also submitted an article to the Star which they printed about a piece of Sheffield history being lost when the alleyway was converted to a shop.

• 2 weeks later...

Charlie Peace when he was not doing his burgleries, was quite competent at making pitcure frames. He had his business in Kenyon Alley. Years later my Auntie moved into these premises in the early 30's. My dad found loads of pitcure frames of various sizes in the attic.

Charlie Peace when he was not doing his burgleries, was quite competent at making pitcure frames. He had his business in Kenyon Alley. Years later my Auntie moved into these premises in the early 30's. My dad found loads of pitcure frames of various sizes in the attic.

if they could be attributed to him thats definitely of local historical value