Clubbing in Sheffield

Yeah I mainly go jump around (if I'm not at work the next day) and I've seen it getting worse in there and that's supposed to be a student night. The other problem with plug is the bouncers (as with any club) they let all the lasses in with no ID or what ever and then "ID every f***er" else (that's a quote from one of the bouncers) - last time I was there I got talking to a lass and it emmerged she was 14 :gag:

Yup, wouldent be the first time thats happend to me either. Ive just turned 18 on 7th of april and i was in plug for my 17th, got talkin to a girl that i dident recognize at first but she was 13 and she was from 4 doors away from my house !!!

Wierd isnt it, i swear though that the bouncers just do it so they can turn around and look at some ass when the girls go in !

Yeah I mainly go jump around (if I'm not at work the next day) and I've seen it getting worse in there and that's supposed to be a student night. The other problem with plug is the bouncers (as with any club) they let all the lasses in with no ID or what ever and then "ID every f***er" else (that's a quote from one of the bouncers) - last time I was there I got talking to a lass and it emmerged she was 14 :gag:

14!! I know a few 17 year olds what go in but 14!! The Leadmill have really started to come down hard on id'ing people & fake id's. Last 2 times i have been they got the police to turn up or one who had fake i'd, & the previous week they was about to do the same but the girl in question admitted to it being fake.

Yup, wouldent be the first time thats happend to me either. Ive just turned 18 on 7th of april and i was in plug for my 17th, got talkin to a girl that i dident recognize at first but she was 13 and she was from 4 doors away from my house !!!

Wierd isnt it, i swear though that the bouncers just do it so they can turn around and look at some ass when the girls go in !

As im a manager in Plug id kindly like to put a few facts into this post.

EVERYBODY who looks 21 or under, gets I.D'd at Plug, whether male or female!

No I.D no entry. Simple as.

A problem that we have encountered recently, is underage people using genuine Driving Licenses or Passports of friends or relatives to gain entry. If we suspect someone is doing this, we confiscate the ID and pass them onto to the police every Monday. The police then, take the culprit to task, as this is deemed as being fraud. We actually approached the Police to take these incidents seriously, which they were happy to do, and have since taken action locally on this issue, with both other clubs and local colleges. Fake IDs are another problem, but happily we can suss these pretty quickly.

On any given weekend, we easily have 10-20 ID's we pass to the police.

To suggest our doorstaff would let females in at 13 or 14 is laughable. I personnally work the doors myself, and another person monitors the 64 cameras we have, to always ensure people are I.D'd.

Please also note, it is not unusual for the Police to work undercover on the front doors assisting us I'Ding, Jump Around - Thursday nights, being the main focus for this, as they realise what a problem this is for all venues. They dont hesitate to tell culprits who foolishly think that they can blag being their older sister or brother, that they will end up with a criminal record for their endeavours.

Plug were the 1st venue to suss out the stunts of these juveniles, and quickly administered the Police to assist them. We will always do everything possible within our powers to ensure it wont happen.

A problem that we have encountered recently, is underage people using genuine Driving Licenses or Passports of friends or relatives to gain entry. If we suspect someone is doing this, we confiscate the ID and pass them onto to the police every Monday. The police then, take the culprit to task, as this is deemed as being fraud. We actually approached the Police to take these incidents seriously, which they were happy to do, and have since taken action locally on this issue, with both other clubs and local colleges. Fake IDs are another problem, but happily we can suss these pretty quickly.

To suggest our doorstaff would let females in at 13 or 14 is laughable. I personnally work the doors myself, and another person monitors the 64 cameras we have, to always ensure people are I.D'd.

Please also note, it is not unusual for the Police to work undercover on the front doors assisting us I'Ding, Jump Around - Thursday nights, being the main focus for this, as they realise what a problem this is for all venues. They dont hesitate to tell culprits who foolishly think that they can blag being their older sister or brother, that they will end up with a criminal record for their endeavours.

Plug were the 1st venue to suss out the stunts of these juveniles, and quickly administered the Police to assist them. We will always do everything possible within our powers to ensure it wont happen.

I go to JumpAround and i have always been id'd but i agree that using others id is a real problem i know a few people who do it all the time, I suppose there isn't much you can do about it as sometimes it is hard to tell whether the id is the person presenting it or not. Some places ask questions what is on the id like postcode, Address, middle name etc.

I go to JumpAround and i have always been id'd but i agree that using others id is a real problem i know a few people who do it all the time, I suppose there isn't much you can do about it as sometimes it is hard to tell whether the id is the person presenting it or not. Some places ask questions what is on the id like postcode, Address, middle name etc.

Trust me Carl....i even ask star sign if i dont think its theres.... ;)

As a manager at plug - if your the one I've come across I heard your lax attitude to class A's when you were throwing out a dealer in the toilets...

On a positive note the 5'8ish black beefy bouncer with a skinhead seems fair, all the barstaff are generally very good especially is it becky? Shoulder length dark hair about 19.

Archived