Clubbing in Sheffield

we have already emailed all of the prodigy tixs holders that if someone cant make the gig we will refund them. anyone caught selling them on a webbie such as ebay, the tixs will be null and void. Consider this as such.

;):mad::rant:

does that mean I can buy them now :D:D:D

As I approach the big 30 I feel I would appreciate being challenged for being under age! ;-)

I heard about the Leadmill being a good place for live music before moving north to Sheffield. Is it still?

I still love going to see a gig at the Leadmill and although the sound systems never been brilliant, I think it's fine and you can really get close to the artists there.

If you are moving here, check out this monthly club night,Hide and Seek

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10462315772

It's the last Friday of the month and it's got two bands on and then DIY hour and Hide and Seek resident DJs. Next one is fury of the headteachers and Urgent talk. £3 for two bands and a night on a Friday, bargain!

Also join

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=9241929375

Sheffield gig goers and music lovers. Freebie gig nights and other nights organised at Harley and various other venues around the city.

Can anyone tell me if theyve been to Carling Acadamy and whats it like ? I assume its standing only ?

I just went last night on a whim.

First thought is that, it is a complete meat market of a place. :roll:

The way that the place had the balcony, and the number of "teens" who goes there to make out away from parental view is huge. :rolleyes:

*However*, the DJs did play some danceable tunes, with a few classic thrown in too. Their sound system is also pretty okay. So that makes up for it. :love:

I just thought it's pretty funny that it's mostly of teeny boppers dressed to the nines, and beware that you will certainly be ID. :rolleyes: I went with two others, and I got asked to show the contents of my handbags (OMG! First time in MY life... what does it say about this place?). Also, my friend got body-searched. :rolleyes: Okay, he is a little bit older... but I just cannot believe we got stopped. Whereas the other kids were just asked for IDs.

I can now see a need for an "over 25" place in this city! Or even a dress policy, if this is how the club industry is moving...

I can now see a need for an "over 25" place in this city! Or even a dress policy, if this is how the club industry is moving...
by Bago

I am surprised there is not one for a city this size. The weather like this has made me appreciate just how fortunately Sheffield is placed geographically. But I guess it is a case of supply and demand. Too many of us 'mature' clubbers have other commitments and/or interests for our leisure time.

Archived