Goths - whats it all about?

Originally posted by coopster1974

Not wee perhaps but definately stale and bad

It's black fabric dye. It's a swine.

Many new black clothes have a perculiar smell, and if you don't get 'em dry PDQ after they're washed, they can turn nasty really quickly. Of course, getting anythingdry in a student gaff can be difficult if you're trying to keep the bills down ;)

Much of the Goth clothing is too delicate to machine wash or wring, so it takes about 3 weeks to dry out :hihi::gag:

Oh, and it's so expensive that when you get a new article of clothing, it must be worn to death :thumbsup:

I had a major goth phase in my teens but I was more into soft rock than goth pop/rock. Still, I fitted in at Rebels very nicely. ( I still miss that place, met some fantastic people).

I had my hair dyed either pink or bright red, had black leather lace up knee length boots, biker style, full length black vinyl coat, prior to The Matrix, vast amounts of black eyeliner etc and would occasionally go out full dressed as a vampire. This is all circa 1991 - 1996 ish.

Though I dress a little more conservatively these days I still have a streak of the goth in me and it comes through with clothes and my house decorating more than anything.

I buy a lot of clothes from Cleopatra in M'hell and gothic_touch on e-Bay, normal for me to wear a flouncy gothic style shirt with jeans and boots, often for work too.

I had a more dedicated goth friend who slept with his arms crossed over his chest, wore black and white make-up every day and smelled of patchouli every day - even his house keys smelled of it. He'd wear his tails jacket and high collar shirts for college back in those days, never attending lectures and smoking in the students union all day. He listened to Sisters of Mercy etc, we got on despite our obvious music dissimilarities.

Those were the days!

Got to say I do like it. Something worth considering in the next house.

My current bathroom is entirely non gothic in a rather silly and frivolous manner.

I shall definitely bear that in mind for future loos :D

Originally posted by Zebra

Got to say I do like it. Something worth considering in the next house.

My current bathroom is entirely non gothic in a rather silly and frivolous manner.

I shall definitely bear that in mind for future loos :D

Please tell me it isn't pink :rolleyes:

Very difficult to find even remotley gothic clothing to fit the more pregnant shape i am finding...

not that i would call myself a goth, just a little different ;)

camden market and the surrounding shops sell some great clothes if you dont mind travelling to london.. could have really shopped there if i didnt look like a tellytubby gone wrong at the mo. X

o yeah, saturday afternoonish round devvy green etc... kiddy corp is on at corporation so there tends to be a bit of a gathering in the area surrounding.

Archived