Goths - whats it all about?

Strix - well done, bright candy pink with hippy beads n stuff at the window and voile curtains by the bath. It's hilarious and tragic all at once.

Satan - you could try gothic_touch on e-Bay, their sizes are pretty good, they go right up to obscenely huge from ridiculously petite. I think most of the stuff I have would probably fit a bump if I had one.

Not one mention of the March Violets, Sex Gang Children, Rosetta Stone, Bauhaus, Southern Death Cult, Nephilim.....pah!

:)

Back in the days when I had cheekbones, there was - and probably still is - always a huge debate about what 'Goth' is. It was a very clique-driven 'movement', with the cool kids and the outsiders. As with any youth/music/alternative lifestyle...it became more about the best outfit than the music. The last time I really knew what was going on, traditional guitar-driven goth was giving way to Darkwave electronica. I guess that was in the late 90's.

People who get the image down look stunning - then there are those that try and fail and sit on the City Hall steps (or used to). :P Heh....

• 4 weeks later...

I find that goth culture is much more inviting that mainstream society. I have only been to the corp a few times but i felt less intimidated and more relaxed than i ever would in places like kingdom etc.

Also from my experience goth's may look intimidating or wierd but has anyone really had any bother from them?. The comment about please and thankyou made me laugh because members of other cultures in britain have never heard of the words.

Alot of the time it seems the goth's are on the recieving end of any abuse. I think in a world where we amount to nothing other than a tax pig to others that having a firm identity to stand behind is a good thing.

Goth's are so for many reasons. Not all of them like the music perhaps, maybe prefering dress style or literature. Others may love the music and enjoy drinking. A small portion of the culture may be into satanic worship but i must stress you dont have to worship the devil to be a goth.

I mean come on who really needs earache are the no hopers that sit on street corners, smashing public property intimidating the elderly and being an outright pain in the backside. My main point is we fear and ridicule that which we do not understand and if half the people in this world even read a single sentence relating to goth culture they would find themselves looking the lemon for their short sighted and shallow view of a very diverse culture of people.

Rant over lol.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Archived