Goths - whats it all about?

Even I love Pauley Perret, I think her Abbie character is great.

My husband and I have been to Whitby several times for the Goth Weekend at Halloween and it is the most fantastic weekend. We are not goths ourselves a bit old for that now however there are people of all ages there and the outfits they wear are amazing they look stunning. There are men dressed in waistcoats and long black tailcoats carrying walking cane and wearing top hats and they look great.

All the pubs are decked out to welcome the goths and there is never any trouble, we go into pubs and are surrounded by them (and incidentally none of them have ever smelt of wee or anything offensive at all) and they are so polite and welcoming we usually get into conversation with a group of them and they don't mind us asking questions about their dress ect.

If you want a great weekend away with a difference I would highly recommend it, but you do have to book early as it books up quickly and the sight of a goth the morning after at breakfast can take some getting used to!!

We have grandhchildren ranging from 4-18 and would happily take any of them along with us.

Archived