River Rother Fishing

Craig2112, which stretch did you fish? Any advice appreciated, I've not fished the Rother before, not sure who controls the fishing rights on most stretches. Heard some really good Barbel have come from Beighton Weir, also some big Chub.

some big barbel and carp have been caught between the weir and downstream to the viaduct on halibut pelet .And i caught a massive perch on a lob worm under the bridge next to the weir about 4 years back i wonder how big he is now :) Ask in the tackle shop at woodhouse (the last shop on the left on the way to the tip)he will probably tell you what stretches are fishing well :thumbsup:

Does anyone have any information on who controls day tickets/yearbooks on various stretches of the Rother? I know Clive Nuttall runs the Catcliffe stretch, but can't seem to find anything else, especially nearer the south of the city, i.e. Killamarsh, Beighton, Halfway etc.

is there anylicense required to fish

yes you have to have a fishing license yu have to send for it from the ea

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/recreation/fishing/31497.aspx

if a ea baliff catchs you with out yu will be fined up to £2500 so be sure yu get 1 unless yu are under 12 years of age then yu dnt need 1

Any angler aged 12 years or over, fishing for salmon, trout, freshwater fish or eels in England (except the River Tweed), Wales or the Border Esk and its tributaries in Scotland must have an Environment Agency rod licence.

Rod licences are available from Post Office outlets throughout England and Wales, online, by direct debit and over the telephone on 0844 800 5386. The phone line is open from 8.30am to 8.00pm daily from March to September and 8.30am to 6.00pm from October to February.

Full season (expires 31st March 2010) £26.00

Junior Concession £5.00

Senior Concession £17.25

Disabled Concession £17.25

8 Day £9.50

1 Day £3.50

Remember: If you are fishing with 3 or 4 rods then you will need to purchase a second licence.

Be warned!

If you fish without a rod licence you are cheating other anglers, it is an offence to fish for freshwater fish and eels without a valid rod licence and if you are caught you may be fined up to £2,500.

Does anyone have any information on who controls day tickets/yearbooks on various stretches of the Rother? I know Clive Nuttall runs the Catcliffe stretch, but can't seem to find anything else, especially nearer the south of the city, i.e. Killamarsh, Beighton, Halfway etc.

From after rother vally to catcliff is free i think rother vally cost a couple of quid not sure ask at gate house.And the last i heard there are some good stretches at rotherham starting from the narrow bridge near brinsworth (the roundabout at McDonalds).And into rotherham next to (i think)Asda and a old peoples home.

Archived