River Rother Fishing

• 2 months later...

Dragging up an old thread here, but I'm fairly new to the area.

I had a stroll along the Rother from Woodhouse Dam last night. Can anyone tell me what the fishing is like near the dam?

Also from what I could see I could only get access to one side and there didn't appear to be that many spots where you could set up and fish. Does it get busy? If not it looks fine, but more than a few trying for the same "peg" and it looks like it could get crowded.

I only walked a shortish way along, so maybe it is more open as you go?

Thanks for any advice.

p.s. I understand this stretch is free, bar rod licence of course?

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Been down to the rother today for first time in years and what a waste of a great day should have gone on don :( its a right sess pit all way up from woodhouse to rother vally.. stinks of sh t all way up wont be going again... dont understand why people would wast there time on here.. get on don! for last few week

Been down to the rother today for first time in years and what a waste of a great day should have gone on don :( its a right sess pit all way up from woodhouse to rother vally.. stinks of sh t all way up wont be going again... dont understand why people would wast there time on here.. get on don! for last few week

Try the Catcliffe stretch rather than the RV to Woodhouse bit, its got proper pegs & is easily accessable.

i totally agree mate, fished it a couple of times last year (catcliffe stretch) and all i had for my troubles was a couple of minnows. one session i was their from 6am until about 11 without a single tap so i upped sticks and went to the don at meadowhall where i had a fish a bung all afternoon, roach, dace perch chub and grayling, i know where i will be spending my time river wise next season!!!!

Archived