BNP wins seat in London Assembly

Just for those that didn't know :D

The British National Party has won its first seat on the London Assembly after passing the 5% voter threshold.

Candidate Richard Barnbrook, leader of the BNP group on Barking and Dagenham Council and a mayoral candidate, will take up one of the 25 assembly seats.

BNP spokesman Simon Darby welcomed the win: "We've witnessed the first major politician elected not for telling lies but for telling the truth."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7381633.stm

There's a video of his speech on the link in which he intends to campaign for an end to positive dicrimination in the capitol.

Good luck to him :thumbsup:

people are stupid, people voted for him for ONE reason.......immigration

they fail to look beyond that and look at the bnps other policies or indeed to actually see if they have any other policies

If the sucess of the BNP forces both Labour and Conservative to represent their true/core voters then that can only be a good thing.

If its forces the 2 major partys to address the worrys of the voters rather than appease the politically correct, then thats also a good thing.

If the 2 main partys refuse to acknoledge the progress of the BNP and make changes, then we will see the BNP grow, and make real inroads in 10 years.

people are stupid, people voted for him for ONE reason.......immigration

they fail to look beyond that and look at the bnps other policies or indeed to actually see if they have any other policies

Immigration is becoming a worry for larger sections of the community,

Its OK saying people are stupid, but they have taken their right to vote for the party that addresses their concerns.

Many of my generation (20/30 somethings) are concerned for their childrens/grandchildrens generation.

im saying stupid as in its ok to vote for a party cos of your concern for ONE thing.....but not looking at the rest of the stuff your voting in with em is downright dangerous

a lot just vote on one issue that gos for any party:)

im saying stupid as in its ok to vote for a party cos of your concern for ONE thing.....but not looking at the rest of the stuff your voting in with em is downright dangerous

If for these people, immigration is a major concern, then why are they stupid?

They have expressed their concerns through their vote

So where do New Labour stand on anything, and who are their core voters? who do they represent?

And as for conservative, did they do well becuase of a failing government? or did they do well becuase of their policys ( what exactly are their policys?)

He is a strange BNP candidate, whilst he studies Hitler he seems to have been more than welcoming to Finnish immigrant Annika Tavilampi.

Barnbrook—who studies Hitler—ADVANCED on Annika, 28, after spotting her on an online dating site, BLITZED her with filthy texts and pictures— and asked her to MARRY him too.

"Richard sent me photos of his private parts before I'd even met him," says the redhead. "I thought this was very odd for a politician."

She only discovered the full depths of the London councillor's extremism when she found a copy of Hitler's Mein Kampf under his bed.

"If I'd known before that he was a sleazebag I probably wouldn't have gone anywhere near him," says Annika.

"He was average in bed. And then there was his drinking—I've only ever seen him properly sober a couple of times. But I still fell for him."

Ref

He also helps perpetuate Nazi Homoerotic themes, that are not generally in keeping with the party's official views. Ref

Archived