Foods you ate as a kid and now miss

Chitterlings and Bag, with lashings of Non-Brewed Condiment Vinegar, Salt and White Pepper. Yum, yum.

My dad used to eat that along with tripe. My grandad used to eat pigs trotters. Another delicacy from the old days was something called "faggots." No idea what they were but all that stuff used to turn my stomach. :gag: Best I could manage in the organ meat category was liver and onions, which I still like but rarely have.

Apparently one of the really old dishes was pigeon pie. My grandparents used to tell me about it. Can't imagine they used wild pigeons. Must have been reared for the table?

for some strange reason as a child i used to love findus crispy pancakes

god there awfull now errghhhhhh

and wig wam crisps can anyone remember then oooooooo and cheese and onion ringos i used to love them

Ringo's were ace

Loved getting those little plates of muscles in vinegar from the Sheff fish market, or were they cockels ? anyhow we use to just eat them with our fingers and the next person in line got the same plate we'd just eated off, we're still alive today, today they would serve them on plastic plates and give you a paper napkin too I suppose...up's the price .:roll:

for some strange reason as a child i used to love findus crispy pancakes

god there awfull now errghhhhhh

and wig wam crisps can anyone remember then oooooooo and cheese and onion ringos i used to love them

i loved findus crispy pancakes..... and now errghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh know wot u saying sharon

Foods you ate as a kid and now miss......

Can I be the first to mention.....semolina pudding (with a spoonful of jam in the middle, naturally!) :)

Remember it well. Also sago pudding. Both were school fare. hated them. didn't mind rice pudding with a nice skin on top though.

One of my favorites: egg custard. can't get it over here.

• 2 weeks later...

my mother in law used to bake egg custards on a sunday, along with the roast or a great big meat n potatoe pie ( desperate dan pie ) we used to call it. they were made in a big enamal dish ,took hours to cook and they were the best, you cant buy them like that and i cant make em like that according to my daughter.

Archived