Sensible Threads/Silly Threads.

Yes, yet another introspective thread about the forum.

I feel its important though because threads such as these help improve the forum by bringing its faults to the attention of--- well, of everyone basically.

So, my little flowerpots...

Do you think theres room for both sane and insane threads on SF? Do you think that we should all lighten up, or maybe you think that we should ALL be serious and turn the forum into something more... something deeper and more substantial?

What about serious posts on mental threads? Or the other way around? Serious threads that have the occasional mad post in it? I know thats annoying for some of you and it sometimes gets to me, but I quite like my threads to go off kilter and lose the topic, but I must say I feel for others whose threads get derailed in spite of their efforts.

Discuss!

Or Ill skin ya, scalp ya, and bite yer bum!

YES theres room for both serious and daft threads.

also i know people object but.....i dont care :D theres room for a few daft replies in serious threads too :)

not actually sure theres any serious posts in daft threads....unless its to moan about daft threads

Its all down to the personality of the poster. There are some very intelligent people on SF, and I do read their threads, but do not very often reply. Im silly like Jabbers, and like a good laugh, but other people may not. That is what makes up a good forum isnt it ?:)

Well I remember someone (No names, no pack drill) who no longer posts on SF mentioning last year that if he had his way, he would have all non serious threads removed and anyone trying to post daft threads would be banned for life.

He doesnt post anymore- maybe all the fun stuff drove him away.

• 2 years later...

It depends on the original post. Some cry out for witty replies and p... takes. Some, I think, need only serious replies, that really relate to the question. I would hope that most posters are sensitive to this,

Archived