Who would be interested in a new house style club night on a sat

MaisonEvents

Originally posted by neiltdj

Sounds good - Sheff really needs to get back to having a good time. Where is the venue? Who are you? And where do I send a CD? I have been playing round sheff for over 7 years now!

Hi, not sure which venue yet looking at a couple. I have done events for 14 years only a couple if sheffield though.

I am new to the forum, how do i get your email to send my my address to send me a cd dont want to post it up here

What has happened to Sheffield's nightlife?

In the late 90s the city was thought of as one of the best nights out in the North, and people travelled from all over the country to spend Saturday evening in Sheffield. But we don't seem to have moved with the times, and in my opinion as popularity for trance music wanned this city died a death too.

So what are we left with now? A handful of "late" bars, usually closing around 12.30, that charge an entrace fee just for the privilage of that extra hour, one or two half-decent clubs that seem to be loosing their way in a haze of R'n'B, and a load of crap cheesy venues where the old tarts and scally blokes go to grope each other on the dance floor.

I think it's a great idea to start up a new house night in Sheffield. This city desperately needs one and I'm sure it would be an instant hit. It's such a shame that Bed isn't available to be used as a venue any more - that was a great club but sadly I believe they're turning in into the entrance hall for a massive new student complex off London Road.

I totally agree, i have been here for 10 years and seen the sad decline. Between you, me and the rest of the forum there is plans to open a new club (sadly not my plans!) and if we get this new night off the ground then who knows.

I need to know of any spaces that could be used for a night, not just clubs but maybe social club buildings, even warehouses that i can approach.

I think the youth arent into what you and i might call a good house music night which has led to the decline, but i am sure there are enough of us left who are!!

Archived