Who would be interested in a new house style club night on a sat

MaisonEvents

sheffield city council have shut clubs and forced people into crap bars that shut late- at the same time refused licences to many new bars- they are trying to stop trouble in the city centre by stopping people going out drinking!!!!

Sheffield has 50,000 students that are frankly bored as hell!!!

Hang on a tick - I'm only 22-years-old so hopefully I still class as 'youth'? I can't have degenerated that much surely?

*****Dashes to a mirror and frantically begins checking for wrinkles*****

Actually I think you're right in that today's 16 and 17-year-olds seem more into R'n'B and chart music than they used to be, and the students will dance to any old crap as long as they're p****d enough. But I'm sure that with young professions in their 20's who remember what a good house night feels like (and we do get the occasional reminder from Hed Kandi) they'll be a huge market for any new events.

Especially if something was happening at the weekend. The choice on a Saturday night is so dire at the moment that it's almost tempting not to bother, but the weekend is the only time us working lot get to let our hair down.

There are a hell of a lot of disused factory buildings and warehouses in Sheffield, which could be turned into a similar set up to Gatecrasher One/Republic, but it's finding on close enough to the city centre that could be tricky...

There is a definate lack of venues to choose from in Sheffield and as a promoter myself I know how hard it can be to find a decent suitable one.

Obviously times will change and I am sure things will start to get better.

We are currently using the Everyone Centre on Broadfield road, whcih is basically a community centre and not a club but in my opinion is a nice venue, whcih can hold about 350-400 people.

Originally posted by 5_HATS

We are currently using the Everyone Centre on Broadfield road, whcih is basically a community centre and not a club but in my opinion is a nice venue, whcih can hold about 350-400 people.

If you all breathe in at the same time...

Yeah would definitely be interested. Sheffield is lacking the house music and not all students can cope with the cheese and r'n'b, despite copious amounts of alcohol. Something on a saturday, not overly expensive would be cool, as everyone just seems to end at 11 :30 on a weekend. Bring back the house music!there's definitley enough of us left for it to work and as a 19 year old student im slowly but surely converting my friends!

As this is the first time i have used the forum i am almost overwhelmed with the positive response to this idea.

The good news is we have shortlisted about 8 venues now and provided we can find one that feels right and is open untill miniumum 2am not too expensive and has a decent sound system then we are on!

In that case will need people to help with promotions reasonably priced local printing, club dressers and local DJ's for possible residency... anyone out there?

We may start this as a once a month to gauge its viability but plan to get some bigish name dj's to get cracking with!

Anymore feedback is more than welcome.

Cheers

Sheffield went downhill when Gatecrasher soldit's soul to the devil and started running awful pop nights for students.

Incidentally, I am a student, and I don't know why the big clubs run nights like that. Everyone I know has their music preference - whether it be Hard House, Funky House, Drum and Bass, Hip-Hop, or even Metal and Ska-Punk - I know that it doesn't include dodgy pop RnB tripe.

One of the reasons I came to Sheffield was for the nights out - which I am sorry to say is not what it was.

It seems these days people are willing to put up with poor music in return for 50p vodka shots...

Originally posted by MaisonEvents

As this is the first time i have used the forum i am almost overwhelmed with the positive response to this idea.

The good news is we have shortlisted about 8 venues now and provided we can find one that feels right and is open untill miniumum 2am not too expensive and has a decent sound system then we are on!

That s very impressive - most Sheffield promoters are finding it difficult to get one weekend venue let alone 8 possible ones!

Archived