Who would be interested in a new house style club night on a sat

MaisonEvents

the arches on the whicker is my favourite venue - fingers crossed waiting for the work there to be completed without any more building hiccups

i agree with mattjanes - it has to be about the music

looking forward to planet zogg on saturday!!

Originally posted by jake

That s very impressive - most Sheffield promoters are finding it difficult to get one weekend venue let alone 8 possible ones!

Thanks! We are keeping an open mind about venues and not just looking at clubs thats how we have got to 8. It may end up being a 'house' rave in a warehouse!

Originally posted by MaisonEvents

Thanks! We are keeping an open mind about venues and not just looking at clubs thats how we have got to 8. It may end up being a 'house' rave in a warehouse!

I say again - sounds good to me!!

Seems to me that the best house nights in Sheff are now on a Friday whcih doesn't really fit in with the needs of me and my friends (we travel over from Scunthorpe and some of my friends work Saturdays). A good alternative to Hed Kandi would be cool. Used to go to Bed and back in the early 90's when it was Palais. Sheffield was really cool and still is,just need to get the right night sorted on a Saturday. Good luck and keep us posted!!

Good luck to anyone doing a new night but a funky vocal house one ? Enough already. I'm sick of seeing funky vocal house on posters and flyers - what the dickens does it mean ? That only music with a 4/4 rhythm that has an element of funk and a vocal will be played.

Hey up Welchie, I reckon if the Phonetics boys hada got together with Scuba for a once-a-month access all areas, then nobody woulda beaten it for miles.

Not too relevant to the discussion, but just an opinion I thought I'd share

something that does kill Sheffield nights are the no-more-alcohol-past-2am licences which our great Sheffield City Council seem to like ( I reckon they just wanna encourage their 'football and pies on a Saturday afternoon followed by binge drinking and a feight' mentality - proper Sheffield)

Hey Peppermint Loungin' have got a night on the 22nd at the room fka the fez, that anyone who is into their house should definetly check out!

it'll be a very special one off this month -

Sonny Wharton (Renaissance) VS The Beat Monkeys (Chibuku)

6 Decks, 3 Mixers and 4 CDJ's

Firas (Pin-Up)

Dan Henniker (Peppermint Loungin')

......all in the imtimate surroundings of the room

People need to start supporting the small nights in bars and clubs around sheffield that are playing house, breaks, electro etc because all good nights start small and then build up from there! It ****** me off when people, especially students, just go to crasher or kingdom because 'that's where everyone goes' broaden your horizons sheffield!

Originally posted by LounginJ

People need to start supporting the small nights in bars and clubs around sheffield that are playing house, breaks, electro etc because all good nights start small and then build up from there! It ****** me off when people, especially students, just go to crasher or kingdom because 'that's where everyone goes' broaden your horizons sheffield!

Damn right! And come to Transmission Vs SUBversion on't 19th feb at Everyone Centre. Not a bit of cheese in sight.

Archived