Sheffield Building Trades' Employers' Association

One Mr Patchett, presumably W.J. Patchett (1875-1931), builder & contractor in Sheffield, was elected to "the Committee" of the SHEFFIELD BUILDING TRADES' EMPLOYERS ASSOCIATION in their annual meeting of (around) 14 February 1922 (as reported in Sheffield Daily Telegraph of 15 February 1922, page 2, and in The Builder of 24 February 1924, page 321).

So far, I have been unable to find any more information on the Sheffield Building Trades' Employers' Association in general, in Sheffield Archives or Local Studies Library, on the web, or elsewhere; let alone information on (W.J.) Patchett as a member or an official of the Association.

Anyone?

The 1951 Kellys gives the trades employers address as Cross burgess st. the same address as the Sheffield builders Exchange association,cannot find a W J PATCHETT only a W M builders merchant.

the 1927 Kellys gives WJ a Builder of 4 Crofton Ave and Wm Maxfield builders merchant the same address but the yard in Dodd St.must be connected to Patchetts concrete works Hawksley ave,

William Johnson Patchett (1875-1931) and William Maxfield Patchett (1901-1971) ware father and son respectively. Both the father's firm of builders & contractors and the son's business as a builders' merchant were located in the premises between Dodd Street and Trickett Road (previously the site of a Skating Rink (roller skating); now Barkers Furniture). Whether either father and/or son did indeed also own / manage the concrete works on Hawksley Av, or whether this was / were (an)other Patchett(s), I have been unable to establish; the concrete works seems to have been a short-lived affair anyway, and I cannot find any trace of it on Hawksley Av today.

What I was - and still am - actually looking for (but this was unclear in my original post, for which I apologize) is more info on the ostensible SHEFFIELD BUILDING TRADES' EMPLOYERS' ASSOCIATION, and finding out whether W.J. Patchett was perhaps involved in it more than serving on "the Committee" in 1922.

Archived