Where's the Gay Scene?

mark84

Probably got something to do with the possibility that gay people might find it easier to relax and be themselves in a gay bar/club and have a better chance of not getting someone's back up if they ask them for a drink or whatever takes their fancy.

I can imagine some straight people could react very badly to the assumption that they might be gay and it's just not worth the hassle of upsetting someone where there might even be violent consequences. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by peter41

I have taken my straight friends to the gay scene and never had any problems, they actually liked it.

What we need is more pubs, but I feel thats a long way off.

I went to my first gay bar & club a few weeks back and i can honestly they have been some of the best nights out i have had out in ages...

The atmosphere was brilliant the only way i could describe it would be to say 'FREE' no one cares everyone gets on with their own things which is having fun and enjoying themselves...

Its a great night out... and will be looking forward to Climax this friday... :)

I know there has been mention of people meeting up and going to "discover" the gay scene in Sheffield. Has that actually happened yet? If not, would people be willing to do so? And if not wanting to stay in Sheffield, how about going further afield?

Originally posted by smh2004

I know there has been mention of people meeting up and going to "discover" the gay scene in Sheffield. Has that actually happened yet? If not, would people be willing to do so? And if not wanting to stay in Sheffield, how about going further afield?

Sounds a good idea to go further a field... As far as i am aware no meets have been sorted out...

Where and when you thinking?

maybe one friday/saturday night? seeing the posts on this thread, it seems people are unhappy with Sheffield. Manchester seems like a good place, (I have never been but would like to) but I guess everyone goes there. So if anyone has any ideas, then maybe something will happen?

Originally posted by nick2

Do you find that gay pubs tend to be a bit, well, crappy ?

The ones in Leeds are especially unpleasant.

Well I've only been in one in my whole life and that was Dempseys last Sunday and the Sunday before for the karaoke. Ok it's not the classiest of places but it's a good laugh if you're with friends and is better than sitting on your arse on a Sunday night being bored.

I'll be in Climax again this Friday though. Looking forward to another good night out. :D

I don't suppose anyone knows what happened to the couple of queens that ran Planet in Attercliffe, the one thats Dancing Dollar now ?

That place was a real dump, but good fun, if you were realy drunk.

Not sure I'd fancy going around that part of Attercliffe at that time of night mate. Looks well dodgy when you're driving through it. :nono:

Think I prefer town centre.

Archived