Where's the Gay Scene?

mark84

Fairy Likuid is absolutley dreadful I can't even bear going just to go on a gay night out in Sheffield, its really poorly done and the music and DJ's are rubbish.

I tend to go further a field now even though it costs more its worth it in the end cause the only other option is things like fairy Liquid and they aren't even worth the money!

Originally posted by peter41

That is the only problem meeting in pubs, especially when you are not sure who you are looking for and loads are already there.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before please forgive me if it has :?

A picture board of members... Or drawings of a likeness :lol: now that could be different... and fun! :)

Just an idea :confused:

Originally posted by Princess M

Fairy Likuid is absolutley dreadful I can't even bear going just to go on a gay night out in Sheffield, its really poorly done and the music and DJ's are rubbish.

I tend to go further a field now even though it costs more its worth it in the end cause the only other option is things like fairy Liquid and they aren't even worth the money!

I agree that these once a month jobs are a bit crappy. I havent been to them for years, I think the wobbly glasses and warm beer in the City Hall ballroom put me off for life.

Fairy Likuid is a real load of crap!

The organisers are so wrapped up in their own self-importance, it always feels like you've just gatecrashed some gayfriends, friend of a freinds tacky 18th birthday party where you wasnt really invited so you never really feel welcome:suspect:

Then theres the dreadful STEPS style pop/cheese that all gay people are supposed to luv and when the Likuid bunch stop the music and do one of their lame showstopping performances its just painfully embarassing to watch the confusion on peoples faces:hihi:

Would prefer a midweek visit to a gaynight in Chesterfield or Barnsley to Fairy.

Climax excluded, Do yourself a favour, save your money and go somewhere decent outside Sheffield!:thumbsup:

I went to a university LGB meeting once with a friend of mine (for moral support he claimed but he was realy on the pull), it was so cringingly right-on.

We all had to hug the person next to us and decribe what predudice and hardship we had encountered being gay, they looked quite upset when I said I hadn't experiencd any and if I got any grief from anyone I would smash their face in.

We would have been better going to the pub for a few pints and a chat.

Originally posted by nick2

I went to a university LGB meeting once with a friend of mine (for moral support he claimed but he was realy on the pull), it was so cringingly right-on.

We all had to hug the person next to us and decribe what predudice and hardship we had encountered being gay, they looked quite upset when I said I hadn't experiencd any and if I got any grief from anyone I would smash their face in.

We would have been better going to the pub for a few pints and a chat.

which university was that at nick? I know the one at hallam can be quite clicky, went twice and felt a bit out of my depths, felt like I was being stared at because I was the new kid in the class.

Originally posted by smh2004

which university was that at nick? I know the one at hallam can be quite clicky, went twice and felt a bit out of my depths, felt like I was being stared at because I was the new kid in the class.

It was at the old University, we escaped to the Star And Garter during a role-playing excercise.

i pretty much agree about fairy likuid but at least one of the people who runs it is nice :)

if there is another gay night in sheffield i think we will see the end of fairy to be honest

anyone going to next climax? its on the 15th i do believe i shall be there which is strange as i never usually know which is a pain for the people doing the guest list haha!

Archived