Where's the Gay Scene?

mark84

Originally posted by damo

i pretty much agree about fairy likuid but at least one of the people who runs it is nice :)

if there is another gay night in sheffield i think we will see the end of fairy to be honest

anyone going to next climax? its on the 15th i do believe i shall be there which is strange as i never usually know which is a pain for the people doing the guest list haha!

They have a guest list for Climax ?

What happened to Poptastic in Sheffield anyway. I used to love that cause of the indie music and when it stopped I thought that Fairy Likuid was going to be something similar which is really isn't cause its rubbish and there is no indie.

Pop did come back briefly last year with Dabble but that was only short lived maybe the leadmill wasn't the right place I don't know but you would think that there is somewhere in Sheffield for them to come back to. Its a pain but I have to go to manchester to go to pop now, although apparantly poptastic is coming back to Leeds soon after it stopped on a Thursday which was a great night at the cockpit, its somewhere else now can't remember where though. but for gods sake come on Sheffield get with the programme!!!

(anyone know what happened to Dabble by the way it dissappeared without a trace and we used to really enjoy it, it was a good laugh??)

Well everyone has slagged off Fairyliquid (must confess I never went), I have a feeling it wont statr up again, their website has been closed for sometime.

So lets start on the next 2 pubs that open till 3/4am ---> Xes and Av It bar, yes they are next to each other and it is a change to have 2 bars so close together and it is easy walk as well.

If you like young guys its probably the place to be, I get the feeling real gay men don`t exist in Sheffield now, gawd knows where they go.

I think a lot of people in Sheffield don't go to gay places beacuse they are just so grotty and tacky and full of screaming teens (Xes and Dumpseys being perfect examples).

Once a nice city centre gay pub opens in Sheffield I will be happy to go, but until then I'll stick to "straight" pubs/clubs.

God, I sound like a right old fart.

Poptastic in Leeds is now back weekly at their new venue club MISSION every Sunday.

Also HOMO at MISSION every Thursday is quite similiar to poptastic and is only £2 entry and all drinks are £1 ALL NIGHT!

HOMO is always packed out with 2 fab arenas playing commercial dance and the other playing Pop/ Disco, atmosphere is fantastic!

On top of this of course Leeds offers Queens Court, Fibre, Federation and Speed Queen, hate to say it but Leeds completely pis*es all over Sheffield on the gay front:help:

Originally posted by nick2

Why Sunday ?

Probably because it was the only suitable day/venue that wasn't already taking by another promotion.

Which is way I prefer HOMO, who wants to get trashed on a Sunday night? Monday mornings are bad enough without a hangover as well:gag:

Just wanted to add to the stuff already said...

I've always thought Fairy Likuid was crap since it took over from Poptastic at the NCPM. I was hoping for something similar with an indie room but it was just stereo-typical STEPS, Spice Girls, Wham and the rest of the cheesy rubbish that people seem to lump in with the 'gay scene'.

I've not been to Pink Glove at the Uni in the Raynor Bar ? or even know if it's still running. If it is, can anyone tell me if it's any good ?

Climax is just about the best there is. It's actually not too bad and I'm glad they don't always play the obvious cheese. They do make an effort to play some good chat stuff and the smaller room is good with the retro stuff although it can get a bit too self indulgent (have you seen how serious the DJ is in that room ? So intense !).

I'd say the last good place was Poptastic in the NCPM with the Indie room. Hope it comes back soon.

Archived