Where's the Gay Scene?

mark84

Pink Glove used to be fun in the Raynor Lounge at the University of Sheffield's Union.

Music was very indie and brit-poppish, the room was very small though abou the size of 2 large living rooms with a tiny bar and a DJ booth caged in the corner, but it was still gud fun.

Not sure if it still running or not, last time I went was about April last year.

So, is there anything on in the 0114 area tonight or tomorrow, apart from the usual 'only-if-you're-desperate' dempseys, as i finally have a night out in town.

if not - maybe i'll have to admit desperation and go there. i hate to admit it, but i have one of their memberships cards - with a very drunken picture on it!

when is next climax?

Originally posted by richynomates

i hate to admit it, but i have one of their memberships cards - with a very drunken picture on it!

when is next climax?

I shouldnt worry... i have one on its way too YIKES!!!!!!! scary thought... and dempseys of all places :lol:

Climax is on again around the 15th i think :? no doubt i will be corrected if wrong :lol:

i thought that place was straight till a year or so ago! the missed chances!

there used to be nice guys stood outside all the time as i'd walk up the hill and i'd speed up thinking they were looking at me because they wanted a fight lol!

Originally posted by Patrick2000

Ahhh I remember the old Cossack Pub with fond memories a few years ago .. I always thought it was the best gay pub in Sheffield ... such an atmosphere and the Karaoke nights were great ...

The Cossack was a good pub, the fact that they had a pool table was enough for me, Karaoke and quiz nights were great and it used to be packed at the weekend and on Thursday night (before Club Uropa stopped the gay night). I think it's going to be demolished now, either that or left to fall down. Shame.

Originally posted by damo

yes the 15th is correct

it's gonna be ace! the students are settled (ish!) i shall be there celebrating my new job! (any excuse to drink too much really!)

What a guess! :) lol

Looking forward to yet another fab night out! :D

Archived